Characterization of synthesised dipeptide (histidine-β- alanine) Dipeptide was successfully synthesized via the standard BOC method. The synthesis of dipeptide (histidine-β- alanine) was approved by using UV-Vis, FTIR, 1 H NMR and LC-MS analysis. The UV-Vis absorbance spectra of histidine-β-alanine obtained in water at 25 °C is presented in Figure 1. The results show that the maximum peaks were appeared at 214 and 264 nm, which can be assigned to π→π* and n→π*, respectively.
FTIR (KBr) n / cm−1 3226 (NH2), 1641 (amide), 1563 (imidazol);
1H NMR (300 MHz, D2O) d 2.60 (m, 2 Hs, 12H), 2.92 (dd, 1 Hs, 6H), 3.08 (dd, 1 Hs, 6H), 3.16 (m, 2 Hs, 11H), 4.40 (dd, 1 Hs, 7H), 6.89 (s, 1 Hs, 4H), 7.66 (dd, 1 Hs, 2H), 7.89 (imidazole ring).
The LC-MS analysis showed a single mass peak in [M + H]+ and [M]− , which
correspond to molecular weight for dipeptide calculated for C9H14N4O3: 226.23; found m/z [M + H]+ : 227.000 and m/z [M]− : 224.800 (Figure 2).
J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 2016, 27(10), 1814-1819
Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis of Dipeptide (Histidine-β-Alanine) as a Chelating Agent by Using Trityl Chloride Resin, for Removal of Al3+, Cu2+, Hg2+ and Pb2+: Experimental and Theoretical Study
Rahimi R, Khosravi M, Tehrani MHH, Rabbani M, Safavi E. Solid-Phase Peptide Synthesis of Dipeptide (Histidine-β-Alanine) as a Chelating Agent by Using Trityl Chloride Resin, for Removal of Al3+, Cu2+, Hg2+ and Pb2+: Experimental and Theoretical Study. J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 2016;27(10):1814-1819
Solid-phase peptide synthesis of dipeptide (histidine-β-alanine) as a chelating agent examined. Trityl chloride resin was used as a carrier.
Dr. Rahmatollah Rahimi
Bachelor of Science: Chemistry, Howard University, USA, 1983
Master of Science: Physical chemistry, Howard University, USA, 1987
Ph. D.: Inorganic Chemistry, Howard University, USA, 1991
Active Research fields:
- Synthesis and characterization of porphyrins and metalloporphyrins and Investigation of their applications.
- Photocatalysis process
- Preparation and characterization of solar cells
- Invironmental projects
- Bioinorganic chemistry
A) Teaching Courses at undergraduate level:
-Physical chemistry laboratory
-General Chemistry laboratory
-Chemistry science literature
B) Teaching Courses at graduate level (MS):
-The professional language for Chemistry
-Inorganic kinetics and Thermodynamics
-Physical Inorganic Chemistry
-Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
-Bio Inorganic Chemistry
C) Teaching Courses at graduate level (PhD):
-Advanced Bio Inorganic Chemistry
-Structures and bonds of inorganic components
- Organometallic Chemistry
A) Scientific Research articles :
More than 175 Articles Published at Conferences and Journals
1. “Application of LED lamps for treatment and disinfection of wastewaters using nanophotocatalysts” Rahmatollah Rahimi, Javad Shokraian, Mahboobeh Rabbani, 1393
2. “Synthesis of ZnO Nanorods in low temperature via Coprecipitation Method”Rahmatollah Rahimi, Marzieh Yaghoubi Berijani, Solmaz Zargari, 1393
3. “Synthesis of BiVO4 photocatalyst with two monoclinic and tetragonal phases, active in visible and ultraviolet region”,Rahmatollah Rahimi, Marzieh Yaghoubi Berijani, Solmaz Zargari, 1393
4. “Synthesis of polypyrrole-iron oxide functionalized with porphyrin as an efficient sorbent of industrial pollutions”, Rahmatollah Rahimi, Meisam Asadi Davati, Solmaz Zargari, 1392
5. “ Synthesis of Titanium dioxide (TiO2)-Vanadium phosphorous nanocomposite oxidized with silver (Ag-VPO) as a catalyst (Ag-VPO/TiO2) and is organic pollution degradation under visible light illumination”, Rahmatollah Rahimi, Masoumeh Mahjoub Moghaddas, Solmaz Zargari, 1391
6. “ Synthesis of SbVO4-TiO2 nanocomposite as a catalysts and its investigation in degradation of organic pollutions under visible light irradiation”, Rahmatollah Rahimi, Masoumeh Mahjoub Moghaddas, Solmaz Zargari, 1391
7. “Synthesis of Titanium dioxide-Bismut vanadat (BiVO4-TiO2) sensitized with porphyrin (TCPP) and its photocatalytic application under visible light irradiation”, Rahmatollah Rahimi, Masoumeh Mahjoub Moghaddas, Solmaz Zargari, 1391
8. “Preparation ofV-TiO2-TCPP and its concurrent application in removal anddegradation of industrial pollutants”, Rahmatollah Rahimi, Masoumeh MahjoubMoghaddas, Solmaz Zargari, 1391
9. “Preparation of Vdoped TiO2 mesoporous and sensitized with porphyrin over SBA-15substrate”, Ahmad Najafian, Masoumeh Mahjoub Moghaddas, Rahmatollah Rahimi, 1391
10. “Preparation ofporphyrin on SBA-15 catalysts”, Mehdi Deilam Kamar, Ahmad najafian, RahmatollahRahimi, 1391.
11. “Nanoporous TiO2solar cell sensitized with tetra(4-carboxyphenyl)porphyrin”, RahmatollahRahimi, Pegah Tvakoli fard, 2010